All of our online courses are self-paced, meaning that you can complete them in your own time, year round, from anywhere in the world. This makes our courses relevant, affordable, and accessible, regardless of your location or professional circumstances.
Our innovative online courses remove the costs of travel, hotels, per diems, cover/substitute teachers, and make our training more cost effective than traditional professional development courses. Additionally, many of our courses offer participants the opportunity to receive personal attention from Kathy or Melissa through our online mentoring system.
Certificate in International School Counselling - Online Course
This comprehensive course is currently being developed for counsellors, therapists, and psychologists who are interested in international school counseling.
It is appropriate for both counsellors who are new to international schools and for experienced international school counselors. It is a very thorough course, which will help counselors to hit the ground running in their schools, and will set them apart during the recruitment process.
- Build an understanding of the unique population in international schools and how high mobility can affect international school children and families.
- Explore the differences between international and national school counseling systems.Look at the differences between UK, US, and International Baccalaureate educational systems.
- Explore how the international school counsellor can support student wellbeing across the school by engaging with the IB Learner Profile or the Personal, Social, and Health Education curriculum.
- Look at unique challenges facing international school counsellors.
- Explore proactive as well as responsive approaches to international school counseling.
- Identify how school counselors can take an active role in supporting the international school population through transitions.
Please note that this course will not qualify participants as counselors and is not initial counselor training. It is a professional development course.
This accredited eight module course delivers 40 professional development hours. It is self-paced and must be completed in one year. A certificate of completion will be issued.
£1,485 for the eight module course. To sign up, please follow the PayPal link below (please note that once you have signed up for the course, no refunds will be given).
Understanding and Working Therapeutically with Expatriate Clients - Online Course
In our increasingly mobile world, therapists are often called upon to address the needs of clients who have lived and worked overseas.
Expatriate living impacts individuals on multiple levels, therefore, understanding the expatriate frame of reference is key to working successfully with this client population. Questions surrounding identity and belonging, feelings of restlessness, and relational struggles are some of the challenges caused by the ever-changing landscape associated with the expatriate lifestyle.
In particular, repeated cycles of loss and grief are the most poignant issues facing expatriates, and can have a profound impact on well-being. This course is essential for those who wish to further develop their counselling skills for working with children, young people and adults from an expatriate perspective. It will equip both the qualified counsellors who work with such clients and the supervisors who support them in their work with the additional skills and expertise necessary to ensure the therapeutic experience is grounded in a deep understanding of this unique population.
The course is delivered in three modules, each delivered with a combination of audio, video, and powerpoint presentations. Additionally, you will work with either Kathy or Melissa as a mentor, to answer any questions you may have and to provide support throughout the course.
- Develop a deep understanding of the expatriate profile.
- Examine how key psychological and emotional aspects of expatriate living may impact individuals and families.
- Identify and understand factors that affect expatriate mental health and wellbeing.
- Build on therapeutic skills and introduce a variety of adapted and newly created interventions developed to serve the needs of this unique population.
This three module course is accredited and delivers 15 professional development hours. It is self-paced and must be completed in one year. A certificate of completion will be issued.
£295 for the three module course. To sign up, please follow the PayPal link below (please note that once you have signed up for the course, no refunds will be given).
Supporting Teacher and Staff Wellbeing in International Schools - Online Course
There is mounting evidence that stress-related illness amongst teachers has increased in recent years, resulting in emotional, physical, and mental depletion. Mental health problems, particularly depression and anxiety, have become more common amongst teachers.
This course has been developed to help school leaders create an environment that supports mental health in teachers and school staff, who can subsequently enable the development of emotionally healthy students. Our course enables international schools to understand the stresses of international school teaching, to help staff to recognise personal coping strategies, and to implement support systems to systemically address staff wellbeing. There is strong evidence to suggest that where stress is reduced, teacher absence and turnover is lower and pupil standards higher. This course is appropriate for teachers, school leaders, counselors, and other international school staff with an interest in this area.
- Highlight areas that may impact mental wellbeing for teachers.
- Develop personal and institutional strategies to support teachers’ mental health.
- Cultivate skills and practices which promote emotional wellbeing.
- Foster an understanding of the need for self and community care.
£149 for the course. To sign up, please follow the PayPal link below (please note that once you have signed up for the course, no refunds will be given).